Sunday, January 31, 2010

1st scan 7 follies-disappointed

Day 5 of stims

We've done four nights of stim drugs bra.velle and men.opur. This morning I went in for an estrogen check and ultra sound. The estrogen level came back normal although they didn't give me a number.

The scan...he started off with the left ovary and I could tell he couldn't see anything. Then he moved to the right and phew...I saw the big circles. He said they needed more than three. He counted five all around 6-8 mm. Then he moved back to the left ovary and he kept moving around...until he saw two faint circles. They were around 6-7 mm...he believes that my left ovary is physically high.

I went back to work and I googled. Apparently, people are usually in the teens...some people had 18 follies at this first scan. Other follies can appear but this kind of shows you the range. And those people had half of their follies over 10 mm, apparently, they're not legit until they get to that range.

So, I'm officially a slow or low responder. Actually, I'm super disappointed. The last time I went in for the IVF consult I was on day 7 or 8 of a normal cycle and the doctor counted like six or seven on either side. So, with all these drugs, I've actually produced less. What!!!

Well, it does mean that I might be on these injections a little longer as I have slow growers. I got the call that I don't need to come back for my next appointment for three days. Not even in two days, three days. Oh, please let the next scan show miraculous numbers and growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment