Monday, August 10, 2009

Cycle 14: CD 12 Natural Cycle (hoping for Dodger)

BBT: 96.62
Ovulation: High fertility test yesterday

I wasn't able to take a fertility pee test this morning but since it was high yesterday, I'm guessing it's high today and it will peak tomorrow. This is a natural cycle...I turned down clomid and IUI so we could move forward with applying for IVF.

IVF warm-up:
I called the doctor to get a pelvic exam and tests. The nurse said that God must be smiling on me because, amazingly, there was an opening just three days later. Someone must have canceled because the doctor didn't have an opening for a month after that. I arrived and she did some test but told me that I needed blood tests on day three of my cycle (I was on day 7). Boy I wish they told me that when I was just about to start AF. Anyways, so that will be next cycle. My husband has to have some blood tests and another semen analysis. Then the doctor can put those papers through to my health insurance to get clearance to move ahead. So, probably another two or three months.

Hoping for Dodger:
Hubby and I are in LA celebrating a slightly belated anniversary. We went to Disneyland and to watch the Dodgers' play. My hubby's favorite team. I was real curious how I would do after clomid. I'm doing perfect. According to my clear blue fertility monitor, I'm going to ovulate in a few days...right on time. I don't know why we don't get pregnant. So, we're moving ahead with IVF but really praying that it happens naturally before we have to get to that point. Since we're in fertile time, we have a really huge hope, a dream, that we're going to conceive. Our nickname for the baby will be Dodger. I just saw a sermon the other week about not dumb-ing down your dreams just because conditions look bleak. So, back to having huge dreams. Come home Dodger...we already got your cute nickname and the story to go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment