Sunday, August 16, 2009

Cycle 14: 4dpo Trying to lose vacation weight

Today's BBT: 97.56

Oh, at first it was such a relief to have decided on IVF so knowing that we're moving forward. It's nice to see how my body is reacting for the first month without clomid in five months. I've also been off the midnight shift in almost 8 months so it's nice to think my body has had time to recoup and getting used to sleeping at night...every night. But, as usual, hope has just soared to enormous heights for this cycle. We went on a trip to LA and already have a name picked out for our baby conceived on our trip...and we even have the nickname already. I ovulated perfectly...my body temperatures have been consistent...I've been waking and sleeping on regular schedules. I'm cutting down on caffeine.

Some strange oddities...maybe concern...I'm wondering if my ovulator detector is broken. I usually have 2 days of high fertility, followed by 2 days of peak fertility followed by 2 days of high fertility. This time I had 3 days of high fertility, 1 day of peak fertility, and now I'm like on my fifth day of high fertility after the peak. What the heck? I tried to google it but couldn't find anything really.

I've also trying to battle my weight. THe past month, I gained alot of weight. I've gone up ten pounds since the beginning of summer. Last cycle, I just ate so much during the 2 week wait and waiting to test and just trying to get through each day of waiting. Then I tested negative and ate to make myself feel better. Then I put on five pounds on our vacation..seriously, in just one week. So, I'm trying to cut down on my soda intake...I can easily have three cokes each day. Just trying to cut it down to 1.5 to 2 is an amazing change for me. I'm down 1-2 pounds in this past week. Most of it was probably just water weight from vacation because who gains five pounds in one week and then loses two pounds in three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment