Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Cycle 13; 1 dp IUI #2

This is month 5 of my 6 month clomid run.

My husband and I are feeling real hopeful. We're hoping this is a really great shot at having a baby.

When I saw my doctor for the beginning of this cycle, I told her that we were feelign really discouraged. We looked at adoption but it cost twice as much as we thought it was going to. We thought it was going to be $12000 but the fees are much more than that. Our friend who went through the same adoption agency said they spent about $20,000 although apparently you get like a $10,000 tax credit. The program brochure also said that the program can take about 3-4 years. I kept thinking...I might be 35 before I have my first child. I'm really in favor of IVF now. We could go through IVF at least 2 or three times in the same time frame.

My doctor wants me to finish out the clomid run. She said the chances of us getting pregnant are still pretty high. Just as high as in month three. she says she got pregnant on her sixth month of clomid. So, the plan is ...
two more months of clomid (in the middle of the second to last)
a required 2 month break from drugs
Then IVF

So hubby and I are praying that we don't need to wait that long...that we get pregnant just on the clomid. This month feels really good. TMI but we have been able to try at home a lot. usually, we can "try" 1 or 2 times or maybe just once somewhat near the fertile time but have been too busy. This past weekend, we got to "try" a lot. My fertility monitor was showing low fertility so I figured might as well get the natural tries in as much as possible because as you approach ovulation...you should have the man abstain from sex for two days.

So, I estimated that our IUI wouldn't be to Tuesday...maybe even Wednesday. So we had some fun late Sunday night. Well, Monady morning, the ovulation kit showed a positive for ovulation so I called the clinic. Turns out that Tuesday was full so they wanted me to come in that afternoon. We were super worried because instead of abstaining 2-3 days, my husband had only a 10 hour abstinence period. Well, that's all we got.

Except the doctor told me right before the IUI that my husband's count was really good, 43 million. I made sure to tell the hubby to inflate his healthy ego even more. So that was yesterday. Again, despite the usual discomfort of a speculum, I didn't feel anything and I'm real real appreciative of how easy the IUI process is. My husband and I are going to do one last baby dance tonight to cover our bases. And then we're praying that these two weeks fly by and grow us healthy babies...I'm praying for twins!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment