Wednesday, January 25, 2012

8w0d Nausea rollercoaster

Gestational Age: 8 weeks 0 days
Pregnancy weight: 208 lb.
Symptoms: nausea up and down all day all night, no BB tenderness
Baby: about 1/2 inch long, the heart is forming four separate chambers and beating ~150 bpm, the eyelids, ears, and webbed fingers and toes are forming this week

I'm so thankful to be at 8 weeks already, 2 months down but I feel like the weeks stretch out so far ahead of me. A long time before we're out of this horrible first trimester. A month to go is a long time. Sheesh. I'm just going to have to focus on the 9 and 10 week milestones.

I'm at work right now but I wish I could just quit or take the next two months off and just lie in bed. Of course, I fluctuate between feeling almost normal and started to feel relieved and excited and then depressed with the fear that my symptoms are disappearing because I lost the baby. Yesterday morning, I had a pretty normal morning and started to think this must be the end. Then by the 2 o clock, it started to set back in and it just got worse and worse until last night I was lying in bed ready to cry. I was so exhausted and wanted to sleep but the nausea was overwhelming me and keeping me awake. So i got up and choked down two pieces of white bread. It's so hard because it is so dry that it makes me gag and I have to concentrate on keeping my mind distracted. But I think it did break the nausea down to lik 60-70% and I fell asleep. This morning I'm not feeling so hot.

Tomorrow is my first pre-natal appt with the Kaneohe Clinic. Although, they still won't take my word that I'm pregnant. They're going to do a pregnancy test and they want my forms from the clinic. I'm hoping to schedule my next ultrasound for 2 weeks from now. That will give us something to look forward to.

I'm at work now. I ate a piece of bread at home to try to stave off. I don't feel the nauseous urge to throw up usually. And I don't gag that much but I do, just randomly. Or walking makes me feel nauseous. I feel all hot and flustered. Walking down my front stairs, i started gagging and dry heaving. I wasn't even feeling that bad. It's so random.

I'm eating though. I just had rice and hamburger patty. I think if I eat, the nausea is at 40-50% constantly and then if I don't or if I just hit a rough patch, it jumps up to 80%.

Sorry to complain, but reading my post with the first pregnancy reallly helps to read the details. http://waitingforbabyjoash.blogspot.com/2010/03/8w0d-pregnant-and-miserable.html

No comments:

Post a Comment