Sunday, January 15, 2012

FET #1

After our first successful IVF, we had four embryos that were frozen for the future use. We never really had a game plan on trying again but watching C grow up and how she loved playing with other babies, we just felt like we had to make up for the fact that she didn't get to play with her siblings. And honestly, when you're anticipating bringing three babies home and then you had two girls in the hospital but then you only bring one home, your house fills surprisingly empty. So, I have a job at an educational institution so we just grabbed the opportunity to do an FET with two of our four embryos during the winter break.

This round has been completely different. I was real bummed because I thought that FET would have much less injections than a fresh IVF. It's pretty much the same. And this round is completely different. I never thought it hurt that much the first time but maybe I just don't remember. Some days, the needle just slides in and sometimes he has to poke through goodness knows what and I'm yelling out in pain. Damn it hurts.

We did the transfer on Monday, Dec 19. I only bedrested for really a day because even though I had off...my hubby had to work and we now have a toddler. It was during christmas week craziness. That really helped pass the two week wait but it also made me worry because it seemed like this was just an add-on, something that we weren't really focusing on. I was worried that we weren't putting enough energy into it.

I took a pee test on Christmas morning and I remember being frozen with fear. How am I going to face this if it doesn't show up positive. Really, I haven't even considered the possibility that it won't work. I say I'm prepared for the worse but every part of me is hoping and planning ahead to a possible due date. But then the best Christmas day I have ever had started with the faintest of lines.

Of course I took two more EPT's every other day until my blood test and I lovingly stare at those beautiful lines all the time.

1st beta: 62 at 12 dp 5dt
2nd beta: 425 at 14 dp5dt
3rd beta: 6100 at 22 dp5dt?

We have our first ultrasound next thursday. I'm trying so hard to keep busy because the days are just crawling by. I am so thankful. I'm thankful. I'm so relieved. I'm scared. I'm still in disbelief. I'm trying to shoo away those thoughts of fear and "what ifs." I have no words of wisdom for myself, I'm just taking things as they come.

No comments:

Post a Comment