Friday, June 19, 2009

Cycle 12 Day 17: 3 days past IUI

If you're new to fertility and Trying To Conceive blogs, you'll see 2WW. The 2 weeks waiting between ovulation and the time you can start to detect whether your cycle has a success or failed. And this is when I blog the most. To get me through the days that slowly creep by.

Although I'm real hopeful about the IUI, we certainly didn't try much at all besides the IUI. Just being busy and exhausted. So all my hope is in the IUI. I'm not really beating myself up about it, it's in the past and the IUI sounds like it is a lot more efficient.

The one big relief about getting past my ovulation day is the effect it has on my sleep. I chart my body temperature and take a pee test every morning to test when I might be ovulating. Of course, I'm too scared to miss a day because I didn't want to miss my short window. And I always have to pee...it's what wakes me up. So, I've been waking up at 5:30 am...even on my days off...with the urge to pee. Normally, I would run to the bathroom and slip back in to bed to fall right back to sleep. Not when I'm charting. Instead, I have to fumble around in the dark for my thermometer that I have in a drawer by my bed. I try not to move that much since after you wake up, your body temperature will rise after a few minutes. And moving around can raise it quickly. Then I lie there waiting for what seems like an eternity for the beep that means the thermometer has a temperature reading. So many times, I've dozed off...only to have to wake up and start over. Then I can finally get up, grab the ovulation monitor kit and run to the bathroom.

I was so exhausted... from just waking up so early no matter how late I stayed up...that two days ago...I came home from work and slept for six hours.

So I'm three days past IUI. I usually start my period at about 12 days after ovulationg. So I'm looking at another nine days give or take. Hopefully, I'll be distracted. Another TTC blog that I follow...Pregnant. And Jacqueline, the housewife on Bravo's Real Housewives of NJ, who has been open about her struggles to have another baby. Pregnant. I just read on her blog that she's going to deliver this week. Oh, let there be a wave, and let me be on it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment