Tuesday, June 23, 2009

6 dpiui

Is it only six days? Oh geez, I haven't even gone through week 1 of the 2 week waiting. I've been sick so I've been sleeping nonstop for the past two days. I haven't been taking my temperature because my thermometer battery has officially died. I miss my thermometer. We have two others but they're not basal body temp thermometers and they give me funky readings. Like one says I have a temp of 97.3 no matter what time I take it.

My boobs have begun to get sore...which at this early stage is most likely the result of the progesterone increase. It comes early and then disappears right before my period so I always have known when my cycles are a bust. However, I thought I should document it so I know better when to expect teh sore boobies to appear.

I'm also super tired but that goes along with the sore throat from my cold. Too early for any possible pregnancy symptoms. I know babies don't implant until like 10 dpo so pregnancy symptoms won't start until well after that.

I'm going to test at 12 dpo so I figure I'm halfway there. sheesh.

So today, I watched Jon and Kate announce they are separated and the note says that they filed for a divorce. I'm not a big fan of Kate. My sister loves Kate. I think Kate is an amazing mom and woman, just not a great wife. The best advice I got before marriage is to be your husband's biggest cheerleader. Kate is the perfect example of how to do the complete opposite. I always thought they worked great as a team but in their interviews, she put him down in a condescending way "Oh, Jon doesn't do that and Jon doesn't do this" like he was the ninth child. And he would just shrug his shoulders and say "Yah, I'm not good at this and that" and he didn't hesitate to praise Kate "Kate is really good at this and that." I read a newspaper commentary by a man who was irritated at the way Kate berated Jon but angered that Jon just took it. Yah, I think that is where Jon let his marriage get out of control...well, under Kate's control.

Still it made me think about my desire to have kids. When I've gotten super depressed or stressed by my journey, my hubby has said that he feels like I care about having kids more than him. He asks "Wouldn't you be happy if it was just you and me?" And the answer for him is yes. he really wants kids and he prays for children every night as we go to bed. But if God didn't give us kids, Scott would still feel really blessed with just the two of us. I can't say I share that feeling. I've always know i would be a mom, I wanted like ten kids. Now I just want to start with one.

It's obvious Kate loves her kids. They are her life...did she forget about the husband part. she talks about the kids being everything she lives for but I've never heard her express that kind of devotion about her husband. When did Jon get left on the side? How can I not go down that road? i always think I'll be a great mom but a better wife! But I just want to get started on that journey first.

No comments:

Post a Comment